Friday, December 08, 2006

'tis the season to procrastinate

It's not like I haven't had time to blog in the past 3 months. The motivation just wasn't there. Writing about being a librarian is not the same as writing about being a teacher. It doesn't seem like as much drama occurs in this job. That's good though, right?

I still love my job and am fitting in better with the staff now. Everyone seems to be satisfied with me.

One of my volunteers is a dad. A few weeks ago, Ms. J, from 4th grade came by after school and nervously asked me about him. She wanted to know if he was single or not. I assured her that he was available--he had told me a little about his ex-wife not too long ago. Anyway, Ms. J, a single parent as well, was interested in going out with Volunteer Dad. I encouraged her to go for it because Volunteer Dad seemed like a nice guy. Finally, this week, Ms. J got her opportunity. She came into the library when V Dad was working and I smoothly orchestrated a chance for her to talk to him. They ended up exchanging phone numbers and are going out this weekend! I've never played much of a part in a budding romance and it's pretty fun. I know Ms. J will keep me updated on how things are going, and I'll post on the progress.

Classrooms at school are busy with holiday festivities. I sure am missing some of the holiday activities I did with my kiddos as a teacher. Not missing a classroom full of hyper kids pumped up about Christmas! I have read some great books to my library classes though. Here are 2 fun ones that the kids loved:
How Santa Got His Job and How Santa Lost His Job both by Stephen Krensky.

One week left 'til the holidays!! I'm looking forward to some time off. Merry Christmas!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dree said...

Hey, good to see you back! I know what you mean about not being motivated. I had a blog-hiatus for about a month (mostly due to being crazy-busy with other things) and I'm just now starting to blog regularly again. Glad your new position is drama-free!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home